Blog / Notícias
Primeiro trimestre 2020 positivo para veículos elétricos e híbridos.
Em colaboração com Bright Consulting.
EMPLACAMENTOS JANEIRO - MARÇO 2020:
- crescimento de 461% comparando com o primeiro trimestre de 2019, principalmente em fevereiro 2020;
- a participação de veículos elétricos ainda é modesta se comparada com o total de veículos vendidos, mas se compararmos com o mesmo período de 2019, a participação aumentou (0,1% para 0,9%), principalmente nos híbridos;
- março 2020 mostra uma redução em relação a fevereiro, o que é provavelmente o resultado do impacto do coronavírus durante a segunda quinzenal de março;
- híbridos gerando 96% das vendas da categoria (Carros Elétricos);
- híbridos: Toyota Motor Corp., com 84% das vendas de híbridos no Brasil, líder absoluto;
- elétricos: diferentes marcas no Top 5.
Registrations and licensing of electric and hybrid vehicles Brazil first quarter 2020:
Hybrid and electric vehicles have continued the high growth figures as registered during the last quarter of 2019.
Hybrid sales Q1 2020 were up 464% compared to the same period 2019, adding up to 4.662 pieces. In 2019, it took until September to reach the same volume.
Electric vehicles for January - March 2020 demonstrating 376% growth versus the same period in 2019, with absolute volumes still being modest also comparing to hybrid vehicles. On the other hand, it took until August 2019 to reach the same volume we have until now for 2020.
Absolute numbers of hybrid and electric models are still low when comparing to normal combustion engine vehicles, but increasing (from 0,1% of total vehicle sales the first quarter of 2019 to 0,9% over the first 3 months of 2020).
The Top 5 registered/ licensed hybrid vehicles for January - March 2020 are:
1. Toyota Corolla (2.308 vehicles);
2. Toyota RAV4 (1.325 vehicles);
3. Volvo XC60 (317 vehicles);
4. Lexus UX250H (140 vehicles).
5. Porsche Cayenne (118 vehicles).
In the Top 5, 3 vehicles from the Toyota Motor Corp. (the owner of Toyota and Lexus), the overall share of the company adding up to about 84% of total hybrid vehicles sold in Brazil for the first quarter of 2020.
The Toyota Prius, during the first 3 months of 2019 leader in the hybrid sales is not appearing in the Top 5 anymore, which could be impacted by the success of the hybrid version of the Corolla that was launched in 2019.
The Top 5 registered/ licensed electric vehicles January - March 2020 are:
1. Chevrolet Bolt (48 vehicles), mainly as a result of 44 registered vehicles in March;
2. Jaguar I Pace (37 vehicles), in our opinion the I Pace is performing good with already well over 100 vehicles sold since it´s introduction;
3. JAC iEV40 (29 vehicles);
4. Renault Zoe (16 vehicles);
5. BMW i3 (15 vehicles).
We would also like to mention that the recently launched Audi e-tron (9 vehicles) ended on a shared 2nd position of fully electric vehicles registered in March.
At Rodaverde.com we are pleased with the start of 2020 for hybrid and electric vehicle volumes, but one can expect that electric car sales also will be impacted by the effects of the coronavirus. We hope that, as soon as the situation normalizes, sales volumes of the category will pick up quickly, so the positive momentum that we saw for the beginning of 2020 will continue.
For full details and data of vehicle registration / licensing, we refer to our partner Bright Consulting (http://brightisd.com/).
Disclaimer: materials intellectual property of Rodaverde.com and are not allowed to be copied or distributed without prior approval (contact: email@example.com). Above conclusions, except the actual market date, are interpretations, observations and opinions from Rodaverde.com. No rights can be reserved from any of the interpretations or forward looking statements as presented.